Steam Cloud Saves support for all games
Today all games (Stellar Monarch, Automobile Tycoon, Legends of Amberland: The Forgotten Crown) have been upgraded to support Steam Could Saves.
In addition all future games will have this feature from the very start.
Version 1.10 released
Small technical update.
– [misc] Technical upgrade (new 3rd party libraries) also engine upgrade (small improvements like mute on focus lost).
Version 1.00 released
Today Automobile Tycoon leaves Early Access with the release of the final version 1.00. All bugs and issues reported during the EA have been fixed and the game is ready to be played by regular players now. I would like to thank all players who participated in the EA for their reports and comments and for trying the game of course.
The game is getting a standard post release support, like my other games, for the upcoming years. It means especially critical bug fixes.
– [misc] Polish and cleanup preparing for the final release (upgraded engine, removed remaining testers notices and options, minor alterations of the interface, final testing)
Version 0.24.1 released (BETA)
Purely technical update, moved to a newer version of the engine. Might be slightly faster, other than that you should notice no difference to v0.24.
Version 0.24 released (BETA)
Standardization of Office and Design rooms list of cars. Several people got confused how it works, and indeed, listing all the cars, not only the ones under design, makes more sense. So, it was changed. Translation finished (now the game supports fully EN, DE, FR, RU, PL).
– [feature] Added list of existing cars (not under development) to the Design room list of cars. Also added “Archive car” button to Design screen. This was made to avoid confusion and to standardize Office and Design rooms behaviour.
– [translation] Added DE language.
– [translation] DE manual translated.
– [translation] FR manual translated.
– [fix] Not exactly a fix, but the code was reviewed and several vulnerabilities were patched.
NOTE: All save files before v0.24 will have weird “Archive car” button behavior, for cars finished before v0.24 the archive button will work from the Office screen only. Do not report it as a bug 🙂
Version 0.23 released (BETA)
Balance adjustments and fixes. The car costs structure have been changed significantly but I tried to keep overall costs similar to previous versions, so now different car design strategies might be preferred but overall cars should cost the same. Still, if you have an old save and wanted to finish your game under the old rules you can downgrade to v0.22 which can be found under “legacy” Beta branch on Steam.
I would also like to thank all the people who report bugs. Especially the small trivial ones, which are very easy to fix and which exist only because I didn’t know of their existence. So a big thank you to all the people who take the time to report them! You are a great help.
– [translation] PL manual translated.
– [balance] Cars costs rebalanced (engines, chassis, body).
– [balance] Limousines and other luxury/big cars have significantly higher body cost now.
– [fix] Engine and chassis cost having no effect on car’s final cost.
– [fix] Last selected measurement system forgotten after restart.
– [fix] Company chosen colour ignored upon game start.
Version 0.22 released (BETA)
A lot of stuff related mostly to translations also finished reports saving. FR translation ready.
– [feature] Translation related code (finished some strings and redone reports code to support translations).
– [feature] Reports are saved now (those were not saved in the previous version since those were unfinished and not compatible with translations).
– [translation] FR translation done (note that translation might be not fully complete, especially when a new version is introduced there might be a few texts missing). Manual not translated yet.
– [translation] RU manual translated.
– [interface] Language selector on the main menu (flags on the left).
– [interface] New end turn button (image instead of text).
Version 0.21 released (BETA)
The last version this year. First of all, change language was moved from experimental to regular options (can be accessed from quick menu). At the moment we have PL and RU translation ready, FR will be in the next version, DE probably within 2 months. In addition I have rebalanced some stuff (speed and acceleration) and cars base specs were adjusted depending on car type (for example sports cars are generally faster than pickups even in case of the same weight to power ratio since those are built for speed, limousines cars have heavy bodies and so on). And traditional interface improvements aimed to make more intuitive.
– [feature] Translation moved to regular options (also improved translation code, made the selection saveable, etc).
– [feature] Body weight, top speed and acceleration affected by car type.
– [translation] PL translation done (note that translation might be not fully complete, especially when a new version is introduced there might be a few texts missing. Manual not translated yet).
– [translation] RU translation done (note that translation might be not fully complete, especially when a new version is introduced there might be a few texts missing. Manual not translated yet).
– [balance] Easier to increase top speed for low speeds and harder for high speeds.
– [balance] Acceleration much harder to increase.
– [interface] Improved and fixed some tooltips.
– [interface] World screen show number of “virtual” sales offices due to strategy.
– [interface] World screen shows number of our cars sold in this region with a tooltip explaining how to enable distribution in this region.
– [fix] Various small fixes.
Also, I would like to send my Christmas wishes to all players, youtubers, press and fellow developers. May our Lord’s blessing be with you and your family this year, next year and always. Happy Christmas!
(to be clear, this wishes also apply to infidels, heretics and my atheist friends :))
Version 0.20 released (BETA)
Beta is here! So, with this update the game is more or less feature complete (there probably will be some additional features along the way). Now I’m focusing on balancing and polish. If you find any spelling mistakes, cosmetic interface things and so on, please post on the steam group. Also translation to several languages in planned.
This version introduced a lot of smaller improvements. Also the experimental feature translation to other languages seem to be working quite well, so probably it will be moved to regular options in the next version or so.
– [feature] New cars start being distributed in all regions with sales offices (instead of just in home region) by default.
– [feature] Finished experimental feature translation to Polish (more languages will be coming soon!), to enable it go to Options and enable experimental features.
– [misc] Driveability renamed to Handling.
– [balance] Harder on high difficulty levels and easier on low difficulty levels (AI car prices adjusted).
– [interface] Finished all tooltips (car & component designer).
– [interface] Made it more clear that model is not sold in ANY region (red notice).
– [interface] Smaller font for regions without any sales offices on car details screen (distribution).
– [interface] Added sold cars per model in a tooltip and car icons to Quarterly report.
– [interface] Added moving cars animation to the main menu screen (animation speed of those cars depends on difficulty level selected :)).
– [interface] Adjusted main menu colors, position of elements, etc. Also added a link to Stellar Monarch and the official website.
– [fix] Fixed idle belt cosmetic bug (when you were stopping making a car in your factory and idle a belt, the level of production was displayed incorrectly, also workers were retained).
– [fix] Various small fixes.
Version 0.16 released
The last Alpha version! The next one will be Beta and from now on we will focus on balance, polish, translation and the like. The biggest feature in this version is board of directors, a meeting organized once per decade where you can decide on a long term strategy of the company. Also other nice features.
– [feature] Board of Directors meeting. It’s done once per decade and it allows you to choose a strategy your company will follow. The chosen strategy will be in effect till the next Board of Directors meeting. You can call a meeting faster (Office/Phone) but it will cost you extra.
– [feature] Music changed to playlist (now the music changes during the game, chosen randomly).
– [feature] Sales offices finished.
– [feature] Experimental feature (need to be enabled via options), translation to Polish (unfinished!) It’s intended for testers rather than for generic public (not everything is translated), just to test if it works.
– [balance] Administration and distribution costs adjusted.
– [interface] Added market share bars to the world map.