Version 0.22 released (BETA)
A lot of stuff related mostly to translations also finished reports saving. FR translation ready.
– [feature] Translation related code (finished some strings and redone reports code to support translations).
– [feature] Reports are saved now (those were not saved in the previous version since those were unfinished and not compatible with translations).
– [translation] FR translation done (note that translation might be not fully complete, especially when a new version is introduced there might be a few texts missing). Manual not translated yet.
– [translation] RU manual translated.
– [interface] Language selector on the main menu (flags on the left).
– [interface] New end turn button (image instead of text).
Version 0.21 released (BETA)
The last version this year. First of all, change language was moved from experimental to regular options (can be accessed from quick menu). At the moment we have PL and RU translation ready, FR will be in the next version, DE probably within 2 months. In addition I have rebalanced some stuff (speed and acceleration) and cars base specs were adjusted depending on car type (for example sports cars are generally faster than pickups even in case of the same weight to power ratio since those are built for speed, limousines cars have heavy bodies and so on). And traditional interface improvements aimed to make more intuitive.
– [feature] Translation moved to regular options (also improved translation code, made the selection saveable, etc).
– [feature] Body weight, top speed and acceleration affected by car type.
– [translation] PL translation done (note that translation might be not fully complete, especially when a new version is introduced there might be a few texts missing. Manual not translated yet).
– [translation] RU translation done (note that translation might be not fully complete, especially when a new version is introduced there might be a few texts missing. Manual not translated yet).
– [balance] Easier to increase top speed for low speeds and harder for high speeds.
– [balance] Acceleration much harder to increase.
– [interface] Improved and fixed some tooltips.
– [interface] World screen show number of “virtual” sales offices due to strategy.
– [interface] World screen shows number of our cars sold in this region with a tooltip explaining how to enable distribution in this region.
– [fix] Various small fixes.
Also, I would like to send my Christmas wishes to all players, youtubers, press and fellow developers. May our Lord’s blessing be with you and your family this year, next year and always. Happy Christmas!
(to be clear, this wishes also apply to infidels, heretics and my atheist friends :))
Version 0.20 released (BETA)
Beta is here! So, with this update the game is more or less feature complete (there probably will be some additional features along the way). Now I’m focusing on balancing and polish. If you find any spelling mistakes, cosmetic interface things and so on, please post on the steam group. Also translation to several languages in planned.
This version introduced a lot of smaller improvements. Also the experimental feature translation to other languages seem to be working quite well, so probably it will be moved to regular options in the next version or so.
– [feature] New cars start being distributed in all regions with sales offices (instead of just in home region) by default.
– [feature] Finished experimental feature translation to Polish (more languages will be coming soon!), to enable it go to Options and enable experimental features.
– [misc] Driveability renamed to Handling.
– [balance] Harder on high difficulty levels and easier on low difficulty levels (AI car prices adjusted).
– [interface] Finished all tooltips (car & component designer).
– [interface] Made it more clear that model is not sold in ANY region (red notice).
– [interface] Smaller font for regions without any sales offices on car details screen (distribution).
– [interface] Added sold cars per model in a tooltip and car icons to Quarterly report.
– [interface] Added moving cars animation to the main menu screen (animation speed of those cars depends on difficulty level selected :)).
– [interface] Adjusted main menu colors, position of elements, etc. Also added a link to Stellar Monarch and the official website.
– [fix] Fixed idle belt cosmetic bug (when you were stopping making a car in your factory and idle a belt, the level of production was displayed incorrectly, also workers were retained).
– [fix] Various small fixes.
Version 0.16 released
The last Alpha version! The next one will be Beta and from now on we will focus on balance, polish, translation and the like. The biggest feature in this version is board of directors, a meeting organized once per decade where you can decide on a long term strategy of the company. Also other nice features.
– [feature] Board of Directors meeting. It’s done once per decade and it allows you to choose a strategy your company will follow. The chosen strategy will be in effect till the next Board of Directors meeting. You can call a meeting faster (Office/Phone) but it will cost you extra.
– [feature] Music changed to playlist (now the music changes during the game, chosen randomly).
– [feature] Sales offices finished.
– [feature] Experimental feature (need to be enabled via options), translation to Polish (unfinished!) It’s intended for testers rather than for generic public (not everything is translated), just to test if it works.
– [balance] Administration and distribution costs adjusted.
– [interface] Added market share bars to the world map.
Version 0.15 released
Finally, newspaper is here! It popups each time there is a big world event (wars, economic crises, etc). Added bankruptcy mechanic (which can be disable via advanced options upon game start), option to retire, secretary and many smaller improvements.
– [feature] Bankruptcy (negative money) will cause a game over if not dealt with within 8 turns (can be disable via advanced options upon game start, existing saves before v0.15 have it disabled).
– [feature] Newspaper (with big events like wars, economic crises, law changes, etc).
– [feature] Added “Call your secretary” phone option (option to disable Quarterly report, etc).
– [feature] Added “Call your uncle” phone option useful when you have trouble with money, using this option reduces the final score (score is not implemented yet).
– [feature] Option to retire (phone/secretary).
– [misc] Adjusted historical events dates (takes into account quarters, not just years).
– [interface] Improved quarterly report.
– [interface] Added global economy meter to quarterly report, so it’s easier to grasp how events affect demand for cars.
– [interface] Bankruptcy warning popup.
– [interface] Beautified menu options (Gameplay, Video, Audio).
– [fix] Audio rare crash fix (crash if no headphones plugged in/turned on if headphones are the only audio device, also added a warning if no device plugged in).
Version 0.14 released
This version introduces workers, labor unions and strikes. Now you need to hire/fire workers, set their wages and possibly deal with labor unions and strikes if the workers are too unhappy. There was also balancing done in this version, research is faster now and banks easier to deal with (depending on difficulty). The promised newspaper feature is not here yet because I’m still waiting for the artist’s assets, it will be in the next version.
– [feature] Hiring and firing workers.
– [feature] Workers wages.
– [feature] Labor unions and strikes (can be disabled in advanced options upon game start).
– [feature] Added skill of workers which grants production output bonus (newly hired workers start with a very low skill).
– [feature] Added reporting of finished cars/components development.
– [balance] Faster research.
– [balance] Adjusted research budget levels effect and cost of research budget levels.
– [balance] Higher bank loan limit, lower bank interest rate.
Version 0.13 released
Reporting system added, so can can easily track what happened. Note that reports are not saved to file in this version. Also in a future version there will be a proper newspaper popup with big news (it’s almost finished, just waiting for the artist to finish the assets) so it will be easier to not miss the important events reports. Events added (wars and economic crises). Several interface improvements.
– [feature] Quarterly report popup after end turn.
– [feature] Reporting system (next to the phone in the office) which allows you to track what happened (finished research, new companies, events, demand changes, tariffs increases, etc).
– [feature] World wars events added (can be disabled via Advanced options upon game start).
– [feature] Economic crises events added: Great Depression, Oil Crisis (can be disabled via Advanced options upon game start).
– [feature] Fuel concern increase (used by car quality calculations).
– [feature] Ecology concern unlock and increase (used by car quality calculations).
– [feature] Improved help.
– [interface] Bookshelf in the office works.
– [interface] Improved demand screen.
– [interface] Improved reports menu on the office screen.
– [interface] Added production volume to quarterly report, other improvements of quarterly report screen.
– [interface] Added tariffs on the world screen.
– [interface] Various beautifications of the interface (R&D budget, Factory machinery, etc).
Version 0.12 released
A big update introducing new technologies system. Now you can research various technologies which can affect engines, chassis, body, extras and production. It’s completely different than the experimental technology levels in previous versions, it’s based on individual named technologies which I concluded was more fitting to the game mood. Also a lot of balancing was done in this version.
Note that the research system would work best with reporting system, which I have not finished yet but it should be shortly. So, it’s a bit annoying since you don’t get (yet) notices when a new tech is unlocked or researched. It will be done in the next version.
– [feature] Research system (technologies). Click Technologies area on the R&D screen to prioritize what to research first and Papers area to set research budget.
– [feature] Added chassis performance (affects effective engine power).
– [feature] Added production bonus effect.
– [feature] Extras redone (now it’s a rating gained via technologies). For now removed extras option on car designer, later this will be back with an option how many extras you wish to install.
– [balance] Engines cylinder 8 and higher need to be unlocked via a proper technology first.
– [balance] Aerodynamics effect on top speed increased.
– [balance] Sales formula adjusted to focus on price more.
– [balance] Weight of cars and components rebalanced.
– [balance] Manufacturing costs of cars and components rebalanced.
– [interface] Star ratings of cars/components changed, now those are relative to competitors.
– [fix] Several small fixes.
Version 0.11.1 released
A quick update to fix a bug. Also balance adjustments (easier on lower difficulties, harder on higher difficulties).
– [balance] AI price aggressiveness adjusted by difficulty level.
– [balance] Increased world demand for low difficulties.
– [balance] Decreased world demand for high difficulties.
– [fix] No year selected and no demand for cars on difficulty 1 bug.
Version 0.11 released
This version focuses on marketing and on convenience improvements. Added marketing screen where you can manipulate your company’s brand and added numerous improvements like option to archive outdated cars and components, more sorting options, etc.
New brand system is divided into 3 categories: wealth segment (luxury, medium class, mass market), region and car type. You set marketing budget in which type of brand to invest and the final brand of the car depends on those. For example if you want to primarily sell limousines in North America you might want to set a high budget for luxury segment (since limousines have a high demand in luxury segment), North America region and limousine car type. You might also decide to produce expensive sports cars since those are kind of compatible with this marketing setup. If on the other hand you prefer to sell to mass market you might focus on marketing smaller cars, mass market segment and more regions at once. In short, the brand system encourages you to specialize your company, of course you can still produce absolutely everything if you so desire.
– [feature] Marketing screen where you can set budget for achieving different types of brands (by segment, region and car type).
– [feature] Improved AI.
– [feature] Option to start with a blank company (no starting car and components).
– [feature] Option to put to archive a component or a car (also a filter to show archived components/cars).
– [feature] Option to retire a car model (it removes the car from production, distribution and puts it into archive).
– [feature] Starting cars and components are now optional.
– [balance] Bank interest is now affected by difficulty level, adjusted loan limits.
– [balance] Adjusted world demand.
– [balance] Adjusted number of assets available when starting with components/cars option is selected.
– [interface] Improved bank screen.
– [interface] Improved assembly lines screen.
– [interface] Added sort by Type for factory models selector.
– [interface] Sortable car components on design screen.
– [interface] Added advanced custom options on new game where you can set inflation, events, etc (note that events do not work in this version yet).
– [interface] Minor beautifications and adjustments.
– [misc] Inflation option moved to advanced game options.
– [fix] Rename car in view car.
– [fix] Minor fixes.