Version 1.47.1 released
Quick technical update for olders OSes. The previous version broke the compatibility with Win 7 this version restores it. Now, the game makes additional OS checks to adjust to legacy systems and might auto force safemode when needed (so older OSes versions also get the engine fix from v1.47 but handle it via using safemode). Windows 10 users (and Linux users playing via emulation) will see no difference. Oh yes, also one tiny, little, cosmetic bug was fixed.
– [misc] Engine updated to the newest version (includes some fixes related to legacy OS).
– [fix] Planet list showing the population as thousands instead of millions.
Version 1.47 released
Technical update, apart from the Stormtroopers bug fix (which also slightly increases the pace of the ground combat as a side effect) the rest of the changes do not affect gameplay. It basically address some rare issues affecting a very minor portion of players. Also, as of this version, you should never need to run the game in safe_mode (but of course I’m keeping this option, just in case).
– [misc] Engine updated to the newest version (includes some fixes for some rare OS related issues).
– [fix] Memory related fixes (not critical, never reported to cause problems) and some paranoia checks & safeguards added.
– [fix] Stormtroopers being recalled too early. Also, as a side effect of removing the bug, now the ground invasion is a bit faster on average.
EDIT: Encountered some problems when running this version on older machines (like XP or Win 7). So, I temporarily reverted back to v1.46. The fix is on the way. The v1.47 is on “Beta” Steam branch if you use Win 10 and like to play it now.
Version 1.46 released
This update is about small finetuning or some mechanics, nothing game changing but more like making things go more smoothly, intuitive and logical. Also traditional bug fixes.
– [balance] Cities penalty made more granular (depending on how many cities are missing compared to population, before it was iterated by -10% now by -5% each step).
– [misc] When Parasites go into hibernation they will start to disband ground troops on the planets they abandon. Also they will no longer disband flotillas while those are in combat.
– [misc] Any race invading Parasites world while it’s being abandoned by the Parasites due to hibernation will get instant 100% ground invasion progress.
– [interface] Create Emperor screen now shows a clarification that the traits affects both starting officials as well as officials recruited later.
– [interface][expansion#1] Listed AE pts cost for Satellites and Terraforming in a tooltip. Also listed the number of Satellites launched and number of Terraformed planets in the galaxy.
– [fix] Governors were not prioritizing cities enough in same cases. Now they look directly at the penalty and will try to fix & prevent it.
– [fix] Some rare audience effects applied incorrectly.
– [fix] A very rare bug where stormtroopers were stuck for several turns while invading a planet at the same turn when Parasites went into hibernation and decided to abandon this particular planet (yup, pretty rare).
Stellar Monarch (including the DLC), Automobile Tycoon, Legends of Amberland: The Forgotten Crown now are available on itch.io online store.
Version 1.45 released
This update contains several small fixes and improvements. It also introduces two small rules regarding how aliens operate, nothing ground breaking, more like stuff that you would intuitively expect (like can’t launch an offensive from a planet with lost orbit control and additional penalties for civilized races which lost their capital world).
– [feature] If a civilized race loses the homeworld they have a much lower chance for initiating a new military plan (fewer offensives).
– [feature] Primitive races (The Hive, Parasites, etc) will not launch an offensive from a planet where they lost orbit control to (under invasion).
– [interface] Added breakdown of stability penalties sources to the Court screen stability tooltip (it might have been confusing in some cases since there are other sources to stability penalties than court factions unbalance).
– [fix] 1.44 Very Big UI running on 4K – the empire customization page is too large and overflows below the screen, with no way to reach the button to start the game.
– [fix] Disallowed dashes in save filenames input box (since that’s not a valid filename).
– [fix] Embargo and truce was not cleared upon New Game start.
– [fix] A few typos/grammar mistakes on Help page.
Version 1.44 released
Technical update, the game was moved to a new version of the engine which for example allows a special 4K Ultra HD UI rescaling. If you experience some problems, please report it. Also you can use a Steam “legacy” branch which contains the old v1.43. There is also one long awaited feature. Steam achievements! Just a few and it’s more of an experimental feature but they are here.
– [feature] New 4K “Very Big UI” Video option (fonts are even bigger now, useful for people with 4K monitors).
– [feature] BIG UI/Very BIG UI reacts to screen size (will autodisable if resolution is too small).
– [misc] Steam Achievements (just a few).
– [misc] Engine upgrade.
– [fix] Rare bug where transdimensional invasion was not starting if you have previously beat invasion in another game before quitting the game (so it triggered only if you beat transdimensional aliens and then encountered them the second time without quitting the game which explains why no one encountered & reported this bug for so long).
Version 1.43 released
A big autonomous fleets overhaul. I the last month or so I was brooding over how autonomous fleets should be tweaked to make them more intuitive and efficient. There are two big changes, one in how the offensive fleets process conquest orders and second is the introduction of patrol squadrons which are used by defensive fleets. As usual, all this is explained in tooltips ingame. One more change for the expansion, now you can prioritize planets for Astro Engineers which gives you more control over which planet is going to be terraformed next.
– [feature] Redo of autonomous fleets conquest orders processing. Now fleets can not “reserve” the conquest order but instead the first eligible (which has the target planet within area of responsibility) fleet that is ready will execute the order. So, now multiple fleets can prepare an offensive vs a target planet and the first one that’s ready will execute it. The remaining fleets that targeted that planet will retarget.
– [feature] Added patrol squadrons which are used as a fast reaction/reserve forces for defensive fleets. Those will be sent to newly colonized/conquered planets in order to strengthen the defences till the regular guard squadrons can be properly created and reinforced.
– [feature][expansion#1] Now you can prioritize a planet for Astro Engineers (for all purposes, Terraforming and satellites). A planet that is manually prioritized by the Emperor has a much higher priority on the Astro Engineers task list. The priority AE marker is shown on the starmap (similar to prioritize exploration marker).
– [engine] No more forcing dedicated GFX card if two cards are present (while it fixed wrong configurations on some machines it disallowed use of integrated card if the player wished so which was desired in some situations). Now it reacts to system configuration.
– [interface] New patrol squadrons selector on Fleet/Orders.
– [fix] Incorrect Stormtroopers gain.
– [fix] Game version was sometimes displayed incorrectly after loading an old save.
Version 1.42.1 released
Another quick update, mostly related to the expansion and spelling fixes.
– [balance][expansion#1] Double AE costs for all Astro Engineers actions (satellites, terraforming, megastructures). Note you can adjust some of those (via Advanced Customization settings) for example if you want to have earlier megastructures.
– [balance][expansion#1] Astro Engineer’s asteroid fields mining is scaled to the number of planets now (more intuitive and balanced).
– [misc][expansion#1] Now Astro Engineer’s asteroid fields mining will be auto enabled even if selected None priority if there are no other valid tasks available (zero waste policy).
– [misc] A lot of spelling fixes.
– [fix][expansion#1] Astro Engineers bug.
Version 1.42 released
A quick update based on the early feedback from the expansion players. I tried to improve here the most confusing and unclear things. The base game got small interface improvements as well.
– [interface] Small improvements and beautification of the interface.
– [interface][expansion#1] New technologies option moved to a separate box to make it more clear and visible.
– [interface][expansion#1] Added terraformation table explaining all the terraformation rules (on astro engineers screen).
– [fix][expansion#1] When all megastructure projects are done the event to select a new one still pops up during an audience.
The first expansion for Stellar Monarch is available now!
It’s my first expansion ever so I’m super excited 🙂
The Age of Technologies expansions’ website page