Version 0.12 released
A big update introducing new technologies system. Now you can research various technologies which can affect engines, chassis, body, extras and production. It’s completely different than the experimental technology levels in previous versions, it’s based on individual named technologies which I concluded was more fitting to the game mood. Also a lot of balancing was done in this version.
Note that the research system would work best with reporting system, which I have not finished yet but it should be shortly. So, it’s a bit annoying since you don’t get (yet) notices when a new tech is unlocked or researched. It will be done in the next version.
– [feature] Research system (technologies). Click Technologies area on the R&D screen to prioritize what to research first and Papers area to set research budget.
– [feature] Added chassis performance (affects effective engine power).
– [feature] Added production bonus effect.
– [feature] Extras redone (now it’s a rating gained via technologies). For now removed extras option on car designer, later this will be back with an option how many extras you wish to install.
– [balance] Engines cylinder 8 and higher need to be unlocked via a proper technology first.
– [balance] Aerodynamics effect on top speed increased.
– [balance] Sales formula adjusted to focus on price more.
– [balance] Weight of cars and components rebalanced.
– [balance] Manufacturing costs of cars and components rebalanced.
– [interface] Star ratings of cars/components changed, now those are relative to competitors.
– [fix] Several small fixes.