Version 0.20 released (BETA)
Beta is here! So, with this update the game is more or less feature complete (there probably will be some additional features along the way). Now I’m focusing on balancing and polish. If you find any spelling mistakes, cosmetic interface things and so on, please post on the steam group. Also translation to several languages in planned.
This version introduced a lot of smaller improvements. Also the experimental feature translation to other languages seem to be working quite well, so probably it will be moved to regular options in the next version or so.
– [feature] New cars start being distributed in all regions with sales offices (instead of just in home region) by default.
– [feature] Finished experimental feature translation to Polish (more languages will be coming soon!), to enable it go to Options and enable experimental features.
– [misc] Driveability renamed to Handling.
– [balance] Harder on high difficulty levels and easier on low difficulty levels (AI car prices adjusted).
– [interface] Finished all tooltips (car & component designer).
– [interface] Made it more clear that model is not sold in ANY region (red notice).
– [interface] Smaller font for regions without any sales offices on car details screen (distribution).
– [interface] Added sold cars per model in a tooltip and car icons to Quarterly report.
– [interface] Added moving cars animation to the main menu screen (animation speed of those cars depends on difficulty level selected :)).
– [interface] Adjusted main menu colors, position of elements, etc. Also added a link to Stellar Monarch and the official website.
– [fix] Fixed idle belt cosmetic bug (when you were stopping making a car in your factory and idle a belt, the level of production was displayed incorrectly, also workers were retained).
– [fix] Various small fixes.
Version 0.16 released
The last Alpha version! The next one will be Beta and from now on we will focus on balance, polish, translation and the like. The biggest feature in this version is board of directors, a meeting organized once per decade where you can decide on a long term strategy of the company. Also other nice features.
– [feature] Board of Directors meeting. It’s done once per decade and it allows you to choose a strategy your company will follow. The chosen strategy will be in effect till the next Board of Directors meeting. You can call a meeting faster (Office/Phone) but it will cost you extra.
– [feature] Music changed to playlist (now the music changes during the game, chosen randomly).
– [feature] Sales offices finished.
– [feature] Experimental feature (need to be enabled via options), translation to Polish (unfinished!) It’s intended for testers rather than for generic public (not everything is translated), just to test if it works.
– [balance] Administration and distribution costs adjusted.
– [interface] Added market share bars to the world map.
Version 0.15 released
Finally, newspaper is here! It popups each time there is a big world event (wars, economic crises, etc). Added bankruptcy mechanic (which can be disable via advanced options upon game start), option to retire, secretary and many smaller improvements.
– [feature] Bankruptcy (negative money) will cause a game over if not dealt with within 8 turns (can be disable via advanced options upon game start, existing saves before v0.15 have it disabled).
– [feature] Newspaper (with big events like wars, economic crises, law changes, etc).
– [feature] Added “Call your secretary” phone option (option to disable Quarterly report, etc).
– [feature] Added “Call your uncle” phone option useful when you have trouble with money, using this option reduces the final score (score is not implemented yet).
– [feature] Option to retire (phone/secretary).
– [misc] Adjusted historical events dates (takes into account quarters, not just years).
– [interface] Improved quarterly report.
– [interface] Added global economy meter to quarterly report, so it’s easier to grasp how events affect demand for cars.
– [interface] Bankruptcy warning popup.
– [interface] Beautified menu options (Gameplay, Video, Audio).
– [fix] Audio rare crash fix (crash if no headphones plugged in/turned on if headphones are the only audio device, also added a warning if no device plugged in).
Version 0.14 released
This version introduces workers, labor unions and strikes. Now you need to hire/fire workers, set their wages and possibly deal with labor unions and strikes if the workers are too unhappy. There was also balancing done in this version, research is faster now and banks easier to deal with (depending on difficulty). The promised newspaper feature is not here yet because I’m still waiting for the artist’s assets, it will be in the next version.
– [feature] Hiring and firing workers.
– [feature] Workers wages.
– [feature] Labor unions and strikes (can be disabled in advanced options upon game start).
– [feature] Added skill of workers which grants production output bonus (newly hired workers start with a very low skill).
– [feature] Added reporting of finished cars/components development.
– [balance] Faster research.
– [balance] Adjusted research budget levels effect and cost of research budget levels.
– [balance] Higher bank loan limit, lower bank interest rate.
Version 0.13 released
Reporting system added, so can can easily track what happened. Note that reports are not saved to file in this version. Also in a future version there will be a proper newspaper popup with big news (it’s almost finished, just waiting for the artist to finish the assets) so it will be easier to not miss the important events reports. Events added (wars and economic crises). Several interface improvements.
– [feature] Quarterly report popup after end turn.
– [feature] Reporting system (next to the phone in the office) which allows you to track what happened (finished research, new companies, events, demand changes, tariffs increases, etc).
– [feature] World wars events added (can be disabled via Advanced options upon game start).
– [feature] Economic crises events added: Great Depression, Oil Crisis (can be disabled via Advanced options upon game start).
– [feature] Fuel concern increase (used by car quality calculations).
– [feature] Ecology concern unlock and increase (used by car quality calculations).
– [feature] Improved help.
– [interface] Bookshelf in the office works.
– [interface] Improved demand screen.
– [interface] Improved reports menu on the office screen.
– [interface] Added production volume to quarterly report, other improvements of quarterly report screen.
– [interface] Added tariffs on the world screen.
– [interface] Various beautifications of the interface (R&D budget, Factory machinery, etc).
Version 0.12 released
A big update introducing new technologies system. Now you can research various technologies which can affect engines, chassis, body, extras and production. It’s completely different than the experimental technology levels in previous versions, it’s based on individual named technologies which I concluded was more fitting to the game mood. Also a lot of balancing was done in this version.
Note that the research system would work best with reporting system, which I have not finished yet but it should be shortly. So, it’s a bit annoying since you don’t get (yet) notices when a new tech is unlocked or researched. It will be done in the next version.
– [feature] Research system (technologies). Click Technologies area on the R&D screen to prioritize what to research first and Papers area to set research budget.
– [feature] Added chassis performance (affects effective engine power).
– [feature] Added production bonus effect.
– [feature] Extras redone (now it’s a rating gained via technologies). For now removed extras option on car designer, later this will be back with an option how many extras you wish to install.
– [balance] Engines cylinder 8 and higher need to be unlocked via a proper technology first.
– [balance] Aerodynamics effect on top speed increased.
– [balance] Sales formula adjusted to focus on price more.
– [balance] Weight of cars and components rebalanced.
– [balance] Manufacturing costs of cars and components rebalanced.
– [interface] Star ratings of cars/components changed, now those are relative to competitors.
– [fix] Several small fixes.
Version 0.11.1 released
A quick update to fix a bug. Also balance adjustments (easier on lower difficulties, harder on higher difficulties).
– [balance] AI price aggressiveness adjusted by difficulty level.
– [balance] Increased world demand for low difficulties.
– [balance] Decreased world demand for high difficulties.
– [fix] No year selected and no demand for cars on difficulty 1 bug.
Version 0.11 released
This version focuses on marketing and on convenience improvements. Added marketing screen where you can manipulate your company’s brand and added numerous improvements like option to archive outdated cars and components, more sorting options, etc.
New brand system is divided into 3 categories: wealth segment (luxury, medium class, mass market), region and car type. You set marketing budget in which type of brand to invest and the final brand of the car depends on those. For example if you want to primarily sell limousines in North America you might want to set a high budget for luxury segment (since limousines have a high demand in luxury segment), North America region and limousine car type. You might also decide to produce expensive sports cars since those are kind of compatible with this marketing setup. If on the other hand you prefer to sell to mass market you might focus on marketing smaller cars, mass market segment and more regions at once. In short, the brand system encourages you to specialize your company, of course you can still produce absolutely everything if you so desire.
– [feature] Marketing screen where you can set budget for achieving different types of brands (by segment, region and car type).
– [feature] Improved AI.
– [feature] Option to start with a blank company (no starting car and components).
– [feature] Option to put to archive a component or a car (also a filter to show archived components/cars).
– [feature] Option to retire a car model (it removes the car from production, distribution and puts it into archive).
– [feature] Starting cars and components are now optional.
– [balance] Bank interest is now affected by difficulty level, adjusted loan limits.
– [balance] Adjusted world demand.
– [balance] Adjusted number of assets available when starting with components/cars option is selected.
– [interface] Improved bank screen.
– [interface] Improved assembly lines screen.
– [interface] Added sort by Type for factory models selector.
– [interface] Sortable car components on design screen.
– [interface] Added advanced custom options on new game where you can set inflation, events, etc (note that events do not work in this version yet).
– [interface] Minor beautifications and adjustments.
– [misc] Inflation option moved to advanced game options.
– [fix] Rename car in view car.
– [fix] Minor fixes.
Version 0.10.2 released
Another update aimed to fix a critical bug, also there is a detailed Demand screen where you can see price points and popularity of various car types. Part of the features from this version will work fully after Marketing part is done, which should be in one of the next versions.
– [feature] Introduced wealth segments to sales formula (Luxury, Middle class, Mass market).
– [feature] Demand screen where you can see demand for different car types depending on regions and maximum accepted consumer price (depending on segment, region and car type).
– [feature] Brand redone (it might be a bit confusing until the Marketing screen is finished where you will be able to adjust those).
– [fix] Critical bug in creating Asian companies.
Version 0.10.1 released
A small update containing important fixes. Also two features a Demand analysis button and a primitive sandbox mode.
– [feature] Added Demand analysis button to office menu.
– [feature] Added price sensitivity to regions.
– [feature] Added “Sandbox mode” which allows you to play infinitely (can be activated at year 2020), this feature is untested!
– [interface] Added “Game ended” notice if not in sandbox mode.
– [interface] View button placement fixed.
– [fix] Save of assembly lines (serious bug!)
– [fix] Materials on design chassis not working.
– [fix] Rename company on game start bug.
Note: This version saves are incompatible with previous version saves, if you want to play using your older saves try legacy branch.