Version 1.18 released
A bit of everything. Balance adjustments, interface improvements, new art assets, new character names, bug fixes, etc.
– [feature] Ethnics for characters (different name themes). Now characters can have different flavours of names.
– [balance] Slightly increased the effect of Fleet budget (finances).
– [balance] Doubled trade income.
– [misc] All fleets start with default squadron composition (to avoid confusion).
– [interface] Added tonnage per squadron (and projected tonnage) to Shipyard tonnage tooltip.
– [interface] More art assets for character portraits (hair and beard styles).
– [fix] Sometimes sound not playing on game logo screen.
– [fix] Autonomous fleet sometimes ignoring cancel conquest order.
Version 1.17 released
A small update containing interface improvements and some low priority fixes.
– [interface] Planet list button selection persistent and greyed out if not selected.
– [interface] Added subsidies that are in effect to the List of Planets.
– [interface] Beautified menu audio options.
– [interface] Buttons color changed from yellowish to gold.
– [fix] Incorrect Admiral summon tooltip (also made the tooltip more descriptive).
– [fix] Audio rare crash fix (crash if no headphones plugged in/turned on if headphones are the only audio device, also added a warning if no device plugged in).
Version 1.16 released
In this version several old rare bugs were tracked and dealt with. Finished unique ships for major civilized races also other smaller additions.
– [feature] All major races got unique ships.
– [feature] Additional audience event for treasury department.
– [interface] An option to Auto Battle after each turn without the need to click SPACE (the option is on the battle list screen).
– [fix] Patrol squadrons not disbanding in some cases bug.
– [fix] Patrol squadrons being locked to Terra in some cases bug.
– [fix] Rebels takeover defensive installations bug.
– [fix] Incorrect display of ship icons on intelligence/military screen.
Version 1.15 released
Two major features in this version. First the ability to set maximum allowed tonnage of a fleet which will helps you not go bankrupt if automated fleets start spawning additional squadrons. Second, the long awaited unique ships for major races! In this version Monarchy and Confederacy got those, remaining major races will get those in v1.16. Also the widely requested sorting and filtering of planets list.
– [feature] Optional max total tonnage of fleet (on Fleet/Shipyard screen), allows you to better control fleet upkeep costs.
– [feature] All major races got unique planetary defences.
– [feature] Monarchy and Confederacy got unique ships (in future version all major races will have unique units).
– [interface] Added list of strategic weapons to Empire/Summary.
– [interface] Added “Imperial frontier” filter on planets list screen which allows you to filter all planets on both sides of the imperial border (frontier imperial planets and neighbour planets) which can be useful for conquest, colonization, etc.
– [interface] Sorting of planets on planets list screen (by population, rare resources, specialization, loyalty, etc).
– [interface] Notice on a planet screen saying which fleet is preparing a conquest of this planet (if any).
– [fix] Fixed placement of sectors direction buttons on Fleet/Orders screen.
Version 1.14 released
This version extends audiences events related to departments and introduces bonus for controlling an enemy capital. Now, if you control a civilized race’s capital you get a significant leverage during ambassador’s visit (both new options and better existing options).
– [feature] All departments got an additional audience event.
– [feature] If you control civilized race’s capital you get significantly better audience options during ambassador’s visit.
– [interface] Intelligence screen shows if you control that race’s capital (useful for invite ambassador option) or if they lost their capital to someone else.
– [interface] Improved planetary specialization tooltip.
– [interface] Renamed Cancel court moves to Revert court moves.
– [fix] Tax bonus bug.
Version 1.13 released
This version focuses on age of characters. Age was rebalanced and additional features to adjust and examine those were introduced. Also autonomous fleets algorithms were improved. In addition, by popular request, an option to copy composition of fleets!
– [feature] Advanced Customization option to adjust average expected lifespan of characters.
– [feature] Option to clone the fleet composition from another fleet (Fleet/Shipyard/Clone).
– [feature] Autonomous fleets algorithm improved, checks each turn if the conquest order is still valid. Also prioritization of orders improved to take into account distance from Terra.
– [balance] Average lifespan of characters increased to 200 turns.
– [balance] Patrol squadrons less chaotic (maximum one reaction per planet). Note that patrol squadrons is an experimental feature which can be enabled via options.
– [interface] Tooltip to display character’s age and average expected lifespan.
– [interface] Chancellor (Empire/Audience/Chancellor) lets you see what genetic perks for the Emperor you have chosen upon the game start.
– [interface] Intelligence threat tooltip improved to include tension modifier for Era of Coalition.
– [fix] Rare bug where the next audience marker was not cleared upon new game start.
– [fix] Report that a squadron has arrived had no “find” planet button (it was there previously but it was broken by one of the updates), fixed now.
Version 1.12 released
Post PixelConnect2017 version. It contains mostly feedback from visitors of my booth and my thoughts when observing how they play. In addition there is an experimental feature “patrol squadrons” for autonomous fleets, a more independent and fast reacting force to reacts to enemy invasions, patrol’s drawback is those do not coordinate their efforts.
– [feature] Autonomous fleets algorithm improved, retake planet order is issued when you lose control of the planet orbit without waiting till planet is conquered.
– [feature] Experimental feature (available only if you enable experimental features via options, possible heavy bugs!) autonomous fleets have patrol squadrons. You can select how many of those you have via Fleet/Orders tab, those squadrons will patrol in warp and react to combat on imperial planets. Each patrol squadron acts independently and always reacts to a planetary distress signal disregarding chances of success.
– [interface] Courtier screen, better description that courtier will be fired next turn.
– [interface] Courtier influence renamed to rank influence (to make it more clear that it’s connected to a position not the courtier).
– [interface] Edicts screen improved, buttons are now marked much more clear what is selected and what is active also tooltips unified and improved.
– [interface] Victory screen, victory and defeat conditions moved to top.
– [interface] Removed #X from game mode (some people mistaken it with order of playing those modes).
– [interface] Contracts screen more clear, explanation that those are done via audience.
– [interface] Planet strategic bombardment button aligned and got a better tooltip.
– [interface] Fleet/Orders screen, sector direction buttons realigned (more intuitive which direction is where).
– [interface] Fleet/Orders screen, description improved (offensive and defensive).
– [interface] Fleet/Orders screen, improved tooltips.
– [interface] Audience screen has better marker which audience is already done.
– [interface] Food icon changed.
– [interface] Help buttons centered.
Version 1.11 released
Many people will like this version, it contains some highly requested features. First, autonomous offensive fleets were polished and moved from experimental to regular features, accompanied with interface improvements to make use of those autonomous fleets more new player friendly. Second is the highly, highly requested shipyard option to see the squadron bonuses of newly requested squadron composition. Also two important balance changes, traditional interface improvements and some fixes.
– [feature] Autonomous fleets polished and moved from experimental to regular features.
– [feature] Analyze Squadron Composition button on shipyard screen which let you see what squadron bonuses would be in battle (highly requested).
– [balance] Adjusted score formula, now it’s affected by how long it took you to win. Win in 400 turns or less score x4, within 500 turns x3, within 600 turns x2. This bonus applies only if you win, so losing early grants no benefit.
– [balance] I was thinking a long time if this is a bug or a feature and I decided that from now on planetary defensive installations should not count into Command Bridge, Communications Array requirements. So, those affect ships only, planetary defences are excluded from the calculations.
– [misc] By default fleet #2 start as autonomous.
– [misc] Adjusted default fleets settings so those can be easily turned to dedicated autonomous fleets with fewer clicks.
– [misc] Adjusted starting required ships per squadron.
– [interface] Removed confusing back buttons on some help pages.
– [interface] Different map marker and a notice if there was a conquest order issued for a non border planet.
– [interface] Option to start with all fleets set as autonomous (just a convenience option, you can change it anytime in game via Fleet/Orders).
– [fix] Ion weapons resistance bug.
– [fix] Interface glitch on intelligence screen.
– [fix] Interface planet screen squadrons button glitch.
Version 1.10.1 released
A small and boring technical update.
– [misc] Improved safe_mode to handle more cases.
– [misc] The game auto switches to safe_mode when it encounters more serious problems.
– [removed] Removed ingame changelogs (too troublesome to update and looks ugly on the interface, besides it was redundant since players can read Steam/website announcements anyway).
– [fix] Fixed safe_mode (a bug preventing it from working in some cases).
Version 1.10 released
So, we have reached version 1.10, I wanted to make something special for this one and decided to tackle the long requested feature which is autonomous fleets attacking. There was a debate how it should work (player’s control especially) and I went for a half automated approach. Basically, the player tells which planets want to be conquered (in some cases admirals can make this decision too, but only in same case and when explicitly authorized to do so) and the admiral tries to carry out the orders. For now it’s classified as an experimental feature so you won’t see it unless you have experimental features enabled, I hope to move it to regular features in the next version.
Another interesting feature is selecting of type of the Empire upon game start. You can start as a Young Empire or as an Old Empire. I wanted this to more deeply affect the game, not just by making boring “+X to something” but by making something that affects the way the game is played. So, the old Empire is corrupted and stable, you have an option to bribe courtiers, young Empire is vigorous and flexible with more power directly in the Emperor’s hands.
There are also several other improvements, the usual interface upgrade and bug fixes. Also more customization options and rebalance.
– [feature] Upon new game you can select a Young or an Old Empire which alters game rules. For example under Old Empire you can bribe a courtier to change faction and on Young Empire you have doubled political points.
– [feature] An experimental feature (available only if you enabled experimental features via options), autonomous fleets offensives. You can authorize autonomous fleets to not only defend by also conquer planets. They will conquer only planets you marked for conquest (there is a new “Issue conquest order” button on planet screen) and those lost of aliens (only if you explicitly allowed admirals to do so). You have all the options to control those on Fleet/Order tab (only if enabled experimental features). Note that this feature was only partially tested and it’s prone to bugs and unexpected behaviour (although, overall it should work) so it’s recommended for adventureous players only. If you notice any problems, make sure to post on our Steam group!
– [feature] Advanced customization option which allows adjustment of storylines pace.
– [balance] Storylines progress faster.
– [balance] Significantly reduced number of genetic pool points.
– [balance] Inspiring leader trait cost lowered.
– [interface] Improved fleet screen (fleet selector buttons show which fleet is autonomous, which sector the fleet covers, etc).
– [interface] Slightly improved courtiers screen (cancel all political actions button is now separated from the individual courtier’s options).
– [interface] Removed redundant minerals count on shipyard screen (it’s on the top bar already, besides this information is not really needed for making decisions on the shipyard screen and it was a bit misleading that it relates to selected fleet).
– [interface] Industry screen shows relative priority bar (this should make more obvious how changing industrial priorities work).
– [fix] Corrected a few typos.
– [fix] Fixed faction unbalance displayed incorrectly on the first turn.
– [fix] Fixed blue star bonus bug.
– [fix] Fixed chancellor button bug.