Version 1.20 released
This update is intended to upgrade interface and art assets. The requested easier display of squadron bonuses on the screen where you decide on the squadron composition is done now, it shows only the most important core bonuses, for full bonuses use the old Analyze squadron composition button. Also a minor change to events.
– [balance] “Corruption goes rampart” event affects only civilians now (courtiers and governors).
– [interface] “Find Homeworld” button on intelligence screen.
– [interface] Displayed core planned bonuses (escort coverage, command bridge, communication) on Fleet shipyard & squadron screens (slightly more convenient since now you don’t need to click “analyze squadron composition” button to see those).
– [interface] New image for Empire/Intelligence screen.
– [interface] New image for Industry/Rare resources screen.
Version 1.19 released
First update in 2018. That one focuses on graphical improvements. Courtiers, departments and events graphics improved. Also, statistics of governors (on Empire/Summary tab) which should give you a clear picture how many governors of what competence you have.
– [interface] Departments are color coded now. All courtiers portraits got collars colored by department they are assigned, department stats have bars to indicate the department and departments names on the court screen are color coded well. Overall, it’s much easier now to spot who belongs to what department.
– [interface] Added summary of governors/officers to the Empire/Summary tab. Basically, you have a lot of stats about competence/loyalty/corruption of various officials. With percentage bars 🙂
– [interface] Moved rebels to a separate sub summary to avoid clutter on the summary screen (especially since most of the info about rebels is on the top menu tooltip anyway).
– [interface] Added image for admiral report. Also admiral reports now have a Find button to track the target planet.
– [interface] Added image for industry (shipyard production) report.
– [fix] Admiral reporting “in warp” and “admiral orders reconquest of lost planet” bug.
It has been more than a year since the game has been released in December 2016. The game was received well and still sells quite good I would say. So, I have decided to maintain the development pace. In year 2018 there will be monthly updates similar to 2017 (of course in an unlikely scenario of serious bugs a much faster emergency update will be released, as usual).
Most likely those updates will be interface upgrades and graphics upgrades with occasional balance adjustments if needed. As usual I’m reading the Steam forum regularly and I’m open to various suggestions. So, if you have any, post.
Oh yes, one more thing, the expansion I promised a long time ago… 🙂 Well, I will start working on it around Q4 2018. So, it should be ready at the end of 2018 or the beginning of 2019.
Thanks for all the feedback and support so far!
Version 1.18 released
A bit of everything. Balance adjustments, interface improvements, new art assets, new character names, bug fixes, etc.
– [feature] Ethnics for characters (different name themes). Now characters can have different flavours of names.
– [balance] Slightly increased the effect of Fleet budget (finances).
– [balance] Doubled trade income.
– [misc] All fleets start with default squadron composition (to avoid confusion).
– [interface] Added tonnage per squadron (and projected tonnage) to Shipyard tonnage tooltip.
– [interface] More art assets for character portraits (hair and beard styles).
– [fix] Sometimes sound not playing on game logo screen.
– [fix] Autonomous fleet sometimes ignoring cancel conquest order.
Version 1.17 released
A small update containing interface improvements and some low priority fixes.
– [interface] Planet list button selection persistent and greyed out if not selected.
– [interface] Added subsidies that are in effect to the List of Planets.
– [interface] Beautified menu audio options.
– [interface] Buttons color changed from yellowish to gold.
– [fix] Incorrect Admiral summon tooltip (also made the tooltip more descriptive).
– [fix] Audio rare crash fix (crash if no headphones plugged in/turned on if headphones are the only audio device, also added a warning if no device plugged in).
Version 1.16 released
In this version several old rare bugs were tracked and dealt with. Finished unique ships for major civilized races also other smaller additions.
– [feature] All major races got unique ships.
– [feature] Additional audience event for treasury department.
– [interface] An option to Auto Battle after each turn without the need to click SPACE (the option is on the battle list screen).
– [fix] Patrol squadrons not disbanding in some cases bug.
– [fix] Patrol squadrons being locked to Terra in some cases bug.
– [fix] Rebels takeover defensive installations bug.
– [fix] Incorrect display of ship icons on intelligence/military screen.
Version 1.15 released
Two major features in this version. First the ability to set maximum allowed tonnage of a fleet which will helps you not go bankrupt if automated fleets start spawning additional squadrons. Second, the long awaited unique ships for major races! In this version Monarchy and Confederacy got those, remaining major races will get those in v1.16. Also the widely requested sorting and filtering of planets list.
– [feature] Optional max total tonnage of fleet (on Fleet/Shipyard screen), allows you to better control fleet upkeep costs.
– [feature] All major races got unique planetary defences.
– [feature] Monarchy and Confederacy got unique ships (in future version all major races will have unique units).
– [interface] Added list of strategic weapons to Empire/Summary.
– [interface] Added “Imperial frontier” filter on planets list screen which allows you to filter all planets on both sides of the imperial border (frontier imperial planets and neighbour planets) which can be useful for conquest, colonization, etc.
– [interface] Sorting of planets on planets list screen (by population, rare resources, specialization, loyalty, etc).
– [interface] Notice on a planet screen saying which fleet is preparing a conquest of this planet (if any).
– [fix] Fixed placement of sectors direction buttons on Fleet/Orders screen.
Version 1.14 released
This version extends audiences events related to departments and introduces bonus for controlling an enemy capital. Now, if you control a civilized race’s capital you get a significant leverage during ambassador’s visit (both new options and better existing options).
– [feature] All departments got an additional audience event.
– [feature] If you control civilized race’s capital you get significantly better audience options during ambassador’s visit.
– [interface] Intelligence screen shows if you control that race’s capital (useful for invite ambassador option) or if they lost their capital to someone else.
– [interface] Improved planetary specialization tooltip.
– [interface] Renamed Cancel court moves to Revert court moves.
– [fix] Tax bonus bug.
Version 1.13 released
This version focuses on age of characters. Age was rebalanced and additional features to adjust and examine those were introduced. Also autonomous fleets algorithms were improved. In addition, by popular request, an option to copy composition of fleets!
– [feature] Advanced Customization option to adjust average expected lifespan of characters.
– [feature] Option to clone the fleet composition from another fleet (Fleet/Shipyard/Clone).
– [feature] Autonomous fleets algorithm improved, checks each turn if the conquest order is still valid. Also prioritization of orders improved to take into account distance from Terra.
– [balance] Average lifespan of characters increased to 200 turns.
– [balance] Patrol squadrons less chaotic (maximum one reaction per planet). Note that patrol squadrons is an experimental feature which can be enabled via options.
– [interface] Tooltip to display character’s age and average expected lifespan.
– [interface] Chancellor (Empire/Audience/Chancellor) lets you see what genetic perks for the Emperor you have chosen upon the game start.
– [interface] Intelligence threat tooltip improved to include tension modifier for Era of Coalition.
– [fix] Rare bug where the next audience marker was not cleared upon new game start.
– [fix] Report that a squadron has arrived had no “find” planet button (it was there previously but it was broken by one of the updates), fixed now.
Version 1.12 released
Post PixelConnect2017 version. It contains mostly feedback from visitors of my booth and my thoughts when observing how they play. In addition there is an experimental feature “patrol squadrons” for autonomous fleets, a more independent and fast reacting force to reacts to enemy invasions, patrol’s drawback is those do not coordinate their efforts.
– [feature] Autonomous fleets algorithm improved, retake planet order is issued when you lose control of the planet orbit without waiting till planet is conquered.
– [feature] Experimental feature (available only if you enable experimental features via options, possible heavy bugs!) autonomous fleets have patrol squadrons. You can select how many of those you have via Fleet/Orders tab, those squadrons will patrol in warp and react to combat on imperial planets. Each patrol squadron acts independently and always reacts to a planetary distress signal disregarding chances of success.
– [interface] Courtier screen, better description that courtier will be fired next turn.
– [interface] Courtier influence renamed to rank influence (to make it more clear that it’s connected to a position not the courtier).
– [interface] Edicts screen improved, buttons are now marked much more clear what is selected and what is active also tooltips unified and improved.
– [interface] Victory screen, victory and defeat conditions moved to top.
– [interface] Removed #X from game mode (some people mistaken it with order of playing those modes).
– [interface] Contracts screen more clear, explanation that those are done via audience.
– [interface] Planet strategic bombardment button aligned and got a better tooltip.
– [interface] Fleet/Orders screen, sector direction buttons realigned (more intuitive which direction is where).
– [interface] Fleet/Orders screen, description improved (offensive and defensive).
– [interface] Fleet/Orders screen, improved tooltips.
– [interface] Audience screen has better marker which audience is already done.
– [interface] Food icon changed.
– [interface] Help buttons centered.