Version 1.26 released
August version is all about interface. Numerous small changes aimed to make it more consistent, intuitive and easier to use. There is also a new “find planet” option on the list of planets screen, useful if you remember only the planet name and wish to find it quickly.
– [misc] default names for all fleets (a small thing but it’s more consistent for all fleets to have a default name upon game start).
– [interface] Reports tabs remember their position (requested by players).
– [interface] Find planet by name input box on list planets screen.
– [interface] New input text boxes (rename planet, rename fleet, save filename, etc). More intuitive and consisted with the one you have in your OS.
– [interface] Mouse cursor changes when hovering over a hyperlink. More intuitive and consisted with the one you have in your OS.
Version 1.25 released
July version includes a lot of behind the scenes work, most of it won’t be noticeable since it affects small & rare glitches and make internal mechanics more logical and consistent. In addition a bunch of interface improvements, especially the long requested sorted battle reports.
– [misc] Automated fleets now behave more like manual ones in terms on when those make decisions and move. So those will enter the battle instantly (like manual ones) but will react slower to the operational situation (like retaking planets) since they no longer can see what AI will do next.
– [interface] List of battles sorted. At the top space battles you lost, then stalemates, then won space battles. At the very bottom ground battles (sorted by invasion progress).
– [interface] ESCAPE key closes the current screen, only when nothing is open it opens/closes quick menu.
– [interface] Tractor Beams explanation added to Fleet/Shipyard context help.
– [interface] Ships in reserve count added to Fleet/Squadrons.
– [interface] Minerals used for ships production added to Industry report.
– [fix] Excess industrial facilities on some planets. Also improved the facilities building algorithm to make it a bit more intelligent.
Version 1.24 released
June version focuses on survivability of Parasites. I got reports that Parasites were getting extinct before the player had the chance to deal with them, especially on higher difficulty levels, which was not fun. So, in this version Parasites got “mind control waves” affecting primitive organisms which makes The Have afraid to even approach Parasites controlled planets. Also they got better planetary defences which makes their homeworld harder to crack by civilized races. During tests Parasites were able to survive in most cases (still their survival is not guaranteed, but even if they did extinct it was happening much later). In addition there are traditional fixes and interface improvements.
– [feature] Parasites got unique ships (before those were shared with The Hive). If you play from the old save they will have the old style ships initially but they will replace those with the new ones.
– [balance] The Hive is afraid to attack Parasites planets.
– [balance] Parasites planetary defences quality greatly increased.
– [interface] Added unique image for Finance screen (replaced the generic bureaucrat).
– [fix] Fixed the welcome and victory messages always referring to male even if Empress option was chosen.
Version 1.23 released
May version finishes the experimental Empress option (mostly added the alternative graphics) and moves it to regular features. In addition traditional bug fixes and interface improvements.
– [feature] Emperor’s sex moved from experimental to regular features.
– [interface] Added summary of courtiers to the Empire/Summary tab (technically not as important as officers/governors screen, but I suppose some players might find use for it, plus it’s kind of consistent to have all 3 groups of imperial officials listed).
– [interface] Added images for Empress option.
– [fix] Admiral reporting “retake planet” listing wrong planet name.
– [fix] One combat icon not being displayed (no one noticed or reported it because no one knew it should be there :D).
Version 1.22 released
April version focuses on alien armadas. Those got rebalanced and made more logical and dangerous. Especially their behaviour is both more logical and dangerous. Those changes should make armadas a non trivial threat. Also added new ironman mode “Superstrong Alien Armadas”.
– [feature] Added Ironman mode “Superstrong Alien Armadas” (Alien Armadas are much stronger (x3); No limit to number of armadas an alien race can send (cooldown still applies)).
– [balance] Alien armadas behaviour changed, now those stop to conquer a planet. This makes them much more dangerous!
– [balance] Alien armadas rebalanced, fewer ships per wave and reversed the waves strength (now the first wave is the strongest and the last one the weakest).
– [interface] Added image for Armada report.
Version 1.21 released
March version is out! Introduced ironman modes to make the game harder for people who desire it so. For example “Surrounded by Idiots” ironnman mode makes all imperial officials less competent and harder to get rid of. All ironman modes are cumulative so you can choose any number of those and they all combine. In this version there are two ironman modes “Surrounded by Idiots” and “Surrounded by Thieves” and most likely there will be more in future. Also traditional interface improvements and one experimental feature.
– [feature] Ironman modes introduced (intended to make the game harder, can be enabled upon game start via Advanced Customization options).
– [feature] Added Ironman mode “Surrounded by idiots” (all imperial officials get 2 rolls for competence and the LOWER one is used; firing a courtier costs 6 PP instead of 3 PP).
– [feature] Added Ironman mode “Surrounded by thieves” (all courtiers and governors have a 75% chance to start with additional +2 Corruption; money lost due to corruption is increased by 1/3).
– [feature] Experimental feature “Emperor’s sex” which allows you to select if the ruler is male or female (enable experimental features in options to see it). It’s partially working, but it’s quite complete so most likely in the next version it will be moved to regular features.
– [interface] Added image for Prestige Loss report.
– [interface] Added image for Audience Day report.
Version 1.20 released
This update is intended to upgrade interface and art assets. The requested easier display of squadron bonuses on the screen where you decide on the squadron composition is done now, it shows only the most important core bonuses, for full bonuses use the old Analyze squadron composition button. Also a minor change to events.
– [balance] “Corruption goes rampart” event affects only civilians now (courtiers and governors).
– [interface] “Find Homeworld” button on intelligence screen.
– [interface] Displayed core planned bonuses (escort coverage, command bridge, communication) on Fleet shipyard & squadron screens (slightly more convenient since now you don’t need to click “analyze squadron composition” button to see those).
– [interface] New image for Empire/Intelligence screen.
– [interface] New image for Industry/Rare resources screen.
Version 1.19 released
First update in 2018. That one focuses on graphical improvements. Courtiers, departments and events graphics improved. Also, statistics of governors (on Empire/Summary tab) which should give you a clear picture how many governors of what competence you have.
– [interface] Departments are color coded now. All courtiers portraits got collars colored by department they are assigned, department stats have bars to indicate the department and departments names on the court screen are color coded well. Overall, it’s much easier now to spot who belongs to what department.
– [interface] Added summary of governors/officers to the Empire/Summary tab. Basically, you have a lot of stats about competence/loyalty/corruption of various officials. With percentage bars 🙂
– [interface] Moved rebels to a separate sub summary to avoid clutter on the summary screen (especially since most of the info about rebels is on the top menu tooltip anyway).
– [interface] Added image for admiral report. Also admiral reports now have a Find button to track the target planet.
– [interface] Added image for industry (shipyard production) report.
– [fix] Admiral reporting “in warp” and “admiral orders reconquest of lost planet” bug.
It has been more than a year since the game has been released in December 2016. The game was received well and still sells quite good I would say. So, I have decided to maintain the development pace. In year 2018 there will be monthly updates similar to 2017 (of course in an unlikely scenario of serious bugs a much faster emergency update will be released, as usual).
Most likely those updates will be interface upgrades and graphics upgrades with occasional balance adjustments if needed. As usual I’m reading the Steam forum regularly and I’m open to various suggestions. So, if you have any, post.
Oh yes, one more thing, the expansion I promised a long time ago… 🙂 Well, I will start working on it around Q4 2018. So, it should be ready at the end of 2018 or the beginning of 2019.
Thanks for all the feedback and support so far!
Version 1.18 released
A bit of everything. Balance adjustments, interface improvements, new art assets, new character names, bug fixes, etc.
– [feature] Ethnics for characters (different name themes). Now characters can have different flavours of names.
– [balance] Slightly increased the effect of Fleet budget (finances).
– [balance] Doubled trade income.
– [misc] All fleets start with default squadron composition (to avoid confusion).
– [interface] Added tonnage per squadron (and projected tonnage) to Shipyard tonnage tooltip.
– [interface] More art assets for character portraits (hair and beard styles).
– [fix] Sometimes sound not playing on game logo screen.
– [fix] Autonomous fleet sometimes ignoring cancel conquest order.