Version 0.15 released
Finally, newspaper is here! It popups each time there is a big world event (wars, economic crises, etc). Added bankruptcy mechanic (which can be disable via advanced options upon game start), option to retire, secretary and many smaller improvements.
– [feature] Bankruptcy (negative money) will cause a game over if not dealt with within 8 turns (can be disable via advanced options upon game start, existing saves before v0.15 have it disabled).
– [feature] Newspaper (with big events like wars, economic crises, law changes, etc).
– [feature] Added “Call your secretary” phone option (option to disable Quarterly report, etc).
– [feature] Added “Call your uncle” phone option useful when you have trouble with money, using this option reduces the final score (score is not implemented yet).
– [feature] Option to retire (phone/secretary).
– [misc] Adjusted historical events dates (takes into account quarters, not just years).
– [interface] Improved quarterly report.
– [interface] Added global economy meter to quarterly report, so it’s easier to grasp how events affect demand for cars.
– [interface] Bankruptcy warning popup.
– [interface] Beautified menu options (Gameplay, Video, Audio).
– [fix] Audio rare crash fix (crash if no headphones plugged in/turned on if headphones are the only audio device, also added a warning if no device plugged in).
Version 0.14 released
This version introduces workers, labor unions and strikes. Now you need to hire/fire workers, set their wages and possibly deal with labor unions and strikes if the workers are too unhappy. There was also balancing done in this version, research is faster now and banks easier to deal with (depending on difficulty). The promised newspaper feature is not here yet because I’m still waiting for the artist’s assets, it will be in the next version.
– [feature] Hiring and firing workers.
– [feature] Workers wages.
– [feature] Labor unions and strikes (can be disabled in advanced options upon game start).
– [feature] Added skill of workers which grants production output bonus (newly hired workers start with a very low skill).
– [feature] Added reporting of finished cars/components development.
– [balance] Faster research.
– [balance] Adjusted research budget levels effect and cost of research budget levels.
– [balance] Higher bank loan limit, lower bank interest rate.
Version 0.13 released
Reporting system added, so can can easily track what happened. Note that reports are not saved to file in this version. Also in a future version there will be a proper newspaper popup with big news (it’s almost finished, just waiting for the artist to finish the assets) so it will be easier to not miss the important events reports. Events added (wars and economic crises). Several interface improvements.
– [feature] Quarterly report popup after end turn.
– [feature] Reporting system (next to the phone in the office) which allows you to track what happened (finished research, new companies, events, demand changes, tariffs increases, etc).
– [feature] World wars events added (can be disabled via Advanced options upon game start).
– [feature] Economic crises events added: Great Depression, Oil Crisis (can be disabled via Advanced options upon game start).
– [feature] Fuel concern increase (used by car quality calculations).
– [feature] Ecology concern unlock and increase (used by car quality calculations).
– [feature] Improved help.
– [interface] Bookshelf in the office works.
– [interface] Improved demand screen.
– [interface] Improved reports menu on the office screen.
– [interface] Added production volume to quarterly report, other improvements of quarterly report screen.
– [interface] Added tariffs on the world screen.
– [interface] Various beautifications of the interface (R&D budget, Factory machinery, etc).
Version 1.16 released
In this version several old rare bugs were tracked and dealt with. Finished unique ships for major civilized races also other smaller additions.
– [feature] All major races got unique ships.
– [feature] Additional audience event for treasury department.
– [interface] An option to Auto Battle after each turn without the need to click SPACE (the option is on the battle list screen).
– [fix] Patrol squadrons not disbanding in some cases bug.
– [fix] Patrol squadrons being locked to Terra in some cases bug.
– [fix] Rebels takeover defensive installations bug.
– [fix] Incorrect display of ship icons on intelligence/military screen.
Version 0.12 released
A big update introducing new technologies system. Now you can research various technologies which can affect engines, chassis, body, extras and production. It’s completely different than the experimental technology levels in previous versions, it’s based on individual named technologies which I concluded was more fitting to the game mood. Also a lot of balancing was done in this version.
Note that the research system would work best with reporting system, which I have not finished yet but it should be shortly. So, it’s a bit annoying since you don’t get (yet) notices when a new tech is unlocked or researched. It will be done in the next version.
– [feature] Research system (technologies). Click Technologies area on the R&D screen to prioritize what to research first and Papers area to set research budget.
– [feature] Added chassis performance (affects effective engine power).
– [feature] Added production bonus effect.
– [feature] Extras redone (now it’s a rating gained via technologies). For now removed extras option on car designer, later this will be back with an option how many extras you wish to install.
– [balance] Engines cylinder 8 and higher need to be unlocked via a proper technology first.
– [balance] Aerodynamics effect on top speed increased.
– [balance] Sales formula adjusted to focus on price more.
– [balance] Weight of cars and components rebalanced.
– [balance] Manufacturing costs of cars and components rebalanced.
– [interface] Star ratings of cars/components changed, now those are relative to competitors.
– [fix] Several small fixes.
Version 1.15 released
Two major features in this version. First the ability to set maximum allowed tonnage of a fleet which will helps you not go bankrupt if automated fleets start spawning additional squadrons. Second, the long awaited unique ships for major races! In this version Monarchy and Confederacy got those, remaining major races will get those in v1.16. Also the widely requested sorting and filtering of planets list.
– [feature] Optional max total tonnage of fleet (on Fleet/Shipyard screen), allows you to better control fleet upkeep costs.
– [feature] All major races got unique planetary defences.
– [feature] Monarchy and Confederacy got unique ships (in future version all major races will have unique units).
– [interface] Added list of strategic weapons to Empire/Summary.
– [interface] Added “Imperial frontier” filter on planets list screen which allows you to filter all planets on both sides of the imperial border (frontier imperial planets and neighbour planets) which can be useful for conquest, colonization, etc.
– [interface] Sorting of planets on planets list screen (by population, rare resources, specialization, loyalty, etc).
– [interface] Notice on a planet screen saying which fleet is preparing a conquest of this planet (if any).
– [fix] Fixed placement of sectors direction buttons on Fleet/Orders screen.
Version 0.11.1 released
A quick update to fix a bug. Also balance adjustments (easier on lower difficulties, harder on higher difficulties).
– [balance] AI price aggressiveness adjusted by difficulty level.
– [balance] Increased world demand for low difficulties.
– [balance] Decreased world demand for high difficulties.
– [fix] No year selected and no demand for cars on difficulty 1 bug.
Version 0.11 released
This version focuses on marketing and on convenience improvements. Added marketing screen where you can manipulate your company’s brand and added numerous improvements like option to archive outdated cars and components, more sorting options, etc.
New brand system is divided into 3 categories: wealth segment (luxury, medium class, mass market), region and car type. You set marketing budget in which type of brand to invest and the final brand of the car depends on those. For example if you want to primarily sell limousines in North America you might want to set a high budget for luxury segment (since limousines have a high demand in luxury segment), North America region and limousine car type. You might also decide to produce expensive sports cars since those are kind of compatible with this marketing setup. If on the other hand you prefer to sell to mass market you might focus on marketing smaller cars, mass market segment and more regions at once. In short, the brand system encourages you to specialize your company, of course you can still produce absolutely everything if you so desire.
– [feature] Marketing screen where you can set budget for achieving different types of brands (by segment, region and car type).
– [feature] Improved AI.
– [feature] Option to start with a blank company (no starting car and components).
– [feature] Option to put to archive a component or a car (also a filter to show archived components/cars).
– [feature] Option to retire a car model (it removes the car from production, distribution and puts it into archive).
– [feature] Starting cars and components are now optional.
– [balance] Bank interest is now affected by difficulty level, adjusted loan limits.
– [balance] Adjusted world demand.
– [balance] Adjusted number of assets available when starting with components/cars option is selected.
– [interface] Improved bank screen.
– [interface] Improved assembly lines screen.
– [interface] Added sort by Type for factory models selector.
– [interface] Sortable car components on design screen.
– [interface] Added advanced custom options on new game where you can set inflation, events, etc (note that events do not work in this version yet).
– [interface] Minor beautifications and adjustments.
– [misc] Inflation option moved to advanced game options.
– [fix] Rename car in view car.
– [fix] Minor fixes.
Version 0.10.2 released
Another update aimed to fix a critical bug, also there is a detailed Demand screen where you can see price points and popularity of various car types. Part of the features from this version will work fully after Marketing part is done, which should be in one of the next versions.
– [feature] Introduced wealth segments to sales formula (Luxury, Middle class, Mass market).
– [feature] Demand screen where you can see demand for different car types depending on regions and maximum accepted consumer price (depending on segment, region and car type).
– [feature] Brand redone (it might be a bit confusing until the Marketing screen is finished where you will be able to adjust those).
– [fix] Critical bug in creating Asian companies.
Version 0.10.1 released
A small update containing important fixes. Also two features a Demand analysis button and a primitive sandbox mode.
– [feature] Added Demand analysis button to office menu.
– [feature] Added price sensitivity to regions.
– [feature] Added “Sandbox mode” which allows you to play infinitely (can be activated at year 2020), this feature is untested!
– [interface] Added “Game ended” notice if not in sandbox mode.
– [interface] View button placement fixed.
– [fix] Save of assembly lines (serious bug!)
– [fix] Materials on design chassis not working.
– [fix] Rename company on game start bug.
Note: This version saves are incompatible with previous version saves, if you want to play using your older saves try legacy branch.